Saturday, March 9, 2013

Hai Peng Kopitiam, Kemaman

Surf around the blogs and I found this is one of the Must Go Places at Kemaman =)

Has read from few others blogs and found that most of them were this Kopitiam was normally full during weekend. So to avoid the crowd, I've woke up damn so early today...But, due to my laziness, only manage to get my butt up from the bed and out to breakfast at 9am..=) 

The route to Hai Peng Kopitiam is much more easier for me. Reason is because yesterday, during my way to hunt for Stuffed Crab, I have lost and keeps on round and round and R O U N Dssss at this area for at least 3 times, wtf!

So, here It is...
Kedai Kopi Hai Peng. It's a well know breakfast spot for the locals here and also a Pit Stop for travelers.

This Kopitiam is famous with itVietnamese-style strong coffee. 














 By the time I have reached here, the Kopitiam was fulled already.

Luckily, managed to find a seat for myself. 
As what I read from most of the bloggers, the Must Eat Foods at here are Curry toast, Ice Blended Coffee Breeze, Toasted Buns with kaya,  Kopi Panas, or Kopi-O, Half-boiled Eggs,Nasi Lemak bungkus, Nasi Dagang and bla bla bla...

 But If you are still undecidable, then just order any menu that ended with " Hai Peng"'s name  =)

 So, I ordered  Nasi Dagang. Tried this for the first time..Not bad though. Its boiled fish with rice wrapped with banana leaf and you need to add the Kuah on top of it. 
Ordered Kaya Butter Toast as well. Taste abit too sweet for me. 
Tapai or the Fermented Glutinous Rice. I has been an age I didn't eat this dessert.
But, I thought this is a Non- Halal food. How come It can be found at here while most of the customers are Malay as well..(Not sure if they are Muslim or not la...) Weird eh..Hmmm. Anyway, It taste nice *Thumbs Up*
Boiled Egg. 

And of course, The Kopi C Peng...

Well, perhaps I'm not a coffee expert, so I don't found it's very much special if compare with other brands of coffee. 

Overall, It was not bad. But seems like a bit overrated by the others. Some claims the price at here is a bit expensive but for me, I think It's more or less like at Miri. So, I have spent RM8.50 for what you can see as below. So it is expensive or not? You to rate it. 
Besides that, They also sell some local Kuih- Muih
And as a " Souvenier" from this breakfast, I got the Parking Summon from the District Council for Parking illegally at payable space. Wtf..Didn;t notice there is a Parking Meter at there. No wonder not much cars were parked at there..Shit



 '

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's the best place for coffee...and tapai is halal food...most malays in terengganu and kelantan have it during hari raya..

ChewyinC™ said...

Hi, thanks for the sharing & Thanks for visiting my page =)